Friday, February 1, 2013

Don't sweat the small stuff...

First off I would like to thank everyone who checks out my blog.  Even if you visit just to make fun of my food addiction, or if it helps get you to try new places - thank you! I reached a thousand views last week and that was more than I ever expected from this little site.

On to the post.  So after all of my food and booze lately, I realized that it was time to start my work out regime. As its the first of the year and I have a wedding in -80 days (thanks to the couple who has the countdown all over facebook), it was time to get moving.  My friend Jess just bought a groupon for Bikram Yoga and invited me along.  So of course instead of studying I decided to try it out.  Two things you should know ahead of time are 1. its hot 2. it smells.  If you can get past that, then you will get into great shape!

yoga, mission
I think its Warrior? Who knows, I just do what they tell me.

It can get pretty crowded on cold days, so get there early!
It was an hour and a half of hot, sticky, smelly athleticism.  Although I haven't done yoga in a few years, I still had some flexibility in me and was able to hold my own.  I only had one moment where I thought I might get sick, but besides that it was great.  It was a nice venue with a lot of accessibility on BART and the bus, and tons of restaurants in the area.  The yoga was both easy but also was a struggle.  Even experts will be tested.  After burning 700-800 calories, there is a little juice shop around the corner that has fresh squeezed juices and smoothies.  There was a long wait, but it was pretty good.  Kind of expensive though, so you may want to invest in your own juicer if Bikram Yoga seems to be your thing.

Sidewalk Juice - Cash Only!
Mission Exlicir - So tasty after working out!
Tourist Tip: Bring your own mat and full towel because its $2 to rent them, and let's be honest you don't want someone else's rented towel when you are going to drip sweat for over an hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment