Thursday, February 21, 2013

wine, wine, wine

I don't know about you folks, but I love me some wine.  In fact, for this past Valentine's Day, the bf bought me a nice expensive cab instead of a bouquet of flowers - he knows the way to my heart.  Being so close to wine county means good quality for cheap prices.  It also means lots and lots of options.
sonoma county
My Beautiful Bouquet of Wine
One of the best places to go in the city is just a few blocks from my house.  Amelie is absolutely delightful.  (Disclaimer, I lived in Paris for a summer so I am a bit obsessed with all things French.)  It is a lively wine bar owned and run by a Frenchman.  It seems that everyone who works here is from Paris, which meant that the more I drank the more I tried to speak French.  I loved trying to talk to them and ask them which were their favorite wines.  I don't know if they loved hearing me butcher the language.

White, Red, Syrah, Champagne, you pick!
The best part about Amelie are the wine flights.  During happy hour it is $10 for three flights of your choice.  It lasts from 5:30-7:00 but often they honor the prices even longer.  I can't recommend any wines because honestly you can't go wrong.  The staff is very helpful and will answer any questions you have.

Red, red winnneeeeeee
Heaven.  Just simply Heaven.
 They also serve food.  But I have only ever had the charcuterie plate.  That is a treat.  Three cheeses, five meats, honey, garlic, everything...man I am drooling.  If you have had other items please let me know if they are worth trying!

Cheese, Meat, Sauce, Bread - Try and Be Mad
Tourist Tip: Get there early and sit at the bar.  Faster service and lots of help picking out the best wine for your palate! 

No comments:

Post a Comment