Sunday, December 9, 2012

Brunchies with the Boo

So like every Sunday, I did not get up early and go to the gym.  Instead I fixed my fantasy football line-up, went back to sleep until noon and then started yelping places to have brunch.  My boo and I are visiting my parents in LA so we decided to try something new.  We love Yelp, and it did not fail us this time.
Yelp
When in doubt, Yelp!

Brunch was at Cafe Buna.  I was hesitant because it looked kinda of shady, but as soon as we walked in I was pleasantly surprised.  Lots of young Venice kids in their mid-20s.  The special board was literally three feet long. You will be overwhelmed by the menu, I promise.
Brunch
And this is JUST the Special's Board!

After asking for some suggestions from our waiter, I ordered the open-faced omelet with cornbread french toast and the boo got the 2+2+2, chicken sausage, eggs over easy (always), and french toast.  My meal was so big I literally only ate half of it and couldn't eat for the rest of the day.  And that's saying a lot because I eat.  The cornbread french toast is the best thing I have ever eaten.  EVER.  If you don't get this you may as well not come here.  The open-face omelet has everything you could ever want, and if you don't love eggs you won't even know they're there.  The boo ate his whole plate plus some of mine.  His french toast was with cinanmon bread and was very tastey.  But I will say mine was much better.  He's currently eating my leftovers as I finish this...
brunch, toast, sausage, eggs, hasbrowns
2+2+2 with Hashbrowns and Chicken Apple Sausage

french toast, cereal, brunch
This is supposed to be amazing - Cornflakes French Toast, crunchy yet sweet

omelet, omelette, hashbrowns, bunch
Open Faced Omelet...a little bit of heaven.

Tourist Tip: A cup of coffee is $2, but is unlimited refills and they give you a to-go cup when you leave!  This place is a new favorite.

2 comments:

  1. I love Cafe Buna...yum! Let's go do Pub Nights at Waterloo and you can write about it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am ALWAYS down for trying a new place! I can't believe you knew about Cafe Buna before me! Waterloo needs to happen soon!

    ReplyDelete