Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Happy Hour on the Town

I met up with a friend Kellie after many months of not seeing each other.  She is getting married next year so we had a lot to catch up on.  We decided to grab happy hour (I'm a law student and she's getting married...aka we are poor) at Crow Bar.

Funny Crow Bar Sign Outside...guess its true.
It was pretty empty when we got there at 5:15.  Their happy hour ends at 6:00PM, but by the time we left at around 6:45 it was PACKED.  Lots of people come here after work or to meet up with their friends.  LOTS of Cougars.  If you don't know what that means, great for you.  Anyway we both ordered a glass of wine from their happy hour menu.  Kellie got the parmesean gnocci which looked good.  I had to order an app from their main menu because I'm lac-tard and most things had cheese in it.  Such is life...

Crow Bar Happy Hour until 6
I got the three sausage and pretzel appetizer.  It was so good.  The pretzel is homemade and the little sausages each come with their own sauce.  It definitely did not make me full for the night, but it was a great snack.

Gnocci and Meatballs on the Happy Hour Menu

Sausage trio with homemade Pretzel Bread, delish!

After we finished our plates, they were quickly taken away but our waitress did not come back once to ask us how we were doing and if we needed anything else.  The next time she came she just dropped off our check - without us asking!  I thought this was pretty rude, but I have heard a lot of bad comments about their service.  I also think their food, albeit delicious, is overpriced.  What happy hour entree is $9!  And its pasta in a tiny dish.  Anyway, I would come again, but just for happy hour.  Even though the burgers supposed to be good, I think other places in CDM are better food, prices, and service.
Hefty Glasses of Wine I will say!

Tourist Tip: If you order flavored iced tea, you WILL NOT get a refill - they don't tell you this.  Also you must ASK for a Happy Hour menu, its not just given to you.  Weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment