Thursday, September 6, 2012

And That's Why we are Family...

My little brother came into town this week.  Our family is notorious for loud voices and big appetites, so naturally we decided to try a few new spots in the city.  My brother is a big foodie and yelper, so he found a nice dinner spot in North Beach called The House.  It is a mildly expensive (about $20ish for an entree) Asian-Fusion restaurant that is honestly AMAZING.

Outside of The House

Because my bubs is Chinese, I eat a lot of Asian food, sometimes I would even call myself an expert on it.  Normally Asian-Fusion restaurants just don't work, but this place has it all.  The flavors in everything, even the green beans I had, was just dead on.  I highly recommend the sea bass with noodles, and the shrimp and chive dumplings to start.  They have a pretty good wine selection but I held off (which was really hard because I LOVE wine) and waited for our next stop.
Shrimp and Chive Dumplings
Sea Bass, Noodles, and Green Beans, oh my!

Tourist Tidbit (thanks Oli): Make reservations and take a cab!  We got lucky and had a two minute wait but this place was poppin' on a Wednesday so weekend goers beware!

2 comments: