Monday, September 24, 2012

Oldie but goodie.

Like I have said before, being in the Tenderloin everyday does have its perks (although few).  One of my favorite places in the city happens to be behind my law school.  Morty's Deli is the bomb.  Yes I am bringing back 1995, but literally its amazing.  This isn't really a "new" find for me since I have been eating here forever, but it is too good not to mention.

sandwiches
Might look scary, but worth checking out!

Inside of Heaven...Morty's Deli
It is a total SF joint.  Has veggie, vegan, gluten free, and meat lover options.  I always always always get "The Paulie".  It is a roast beef sandwich with Russian dressing, coleslaw, and jack cheese (but I hold the cheese).  It isn't a hot sandwich but it is a HUGE sandwich.  You will NOT be hungry after eating here.  Some other favorites of mine are the Meatball Sub (although not the best), The Golden Gate (if you love prosciutto), The Jake, and the salads are pretty good too.  My veggie friendly buddy loves the veg burger, but had a problem with it looking too much like meat.  Not to worry they fixed this problem and changed back to normal looking veggie burgers.  I have heard the fries are good, but have honestly never had room for any.  I know they have some beers on draft too, but because I only attend this abode during lunch I have never had the chance to partake in the alcoholic festivities.

trukery
The Dirty Bird Sandwich...a whole lot of yummy.
meatball
Meatball...enough said.

Oli's favorite the Golden Gate, staple of San Francisco
Pluses: takes Credit Card, you can order online for pick up or even delivery near by (a huge plus when studying in the library and can't leave your laptop), and a whole meal is less than $10.

Cons: IT IS NOT OPEN ON THE WEEKEND.  This is the worst thing in the world and the reason why it took bub SO long to be able to try it.

Tourist Tip: To avoid the lunch rush, come no later than noon or pre-order your meal online.  It gets VERY busy for lunch, as it should because its awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment