Thursday, February 7, 2013

Thursday's the New Friday

Okay, its not really new.  But ever since college, Thursday has been the day that my friends and I all celebrate the start of the weekend...aka drink.  No I am not an alcoholic, but yes I am going to be an attorney so I know a lot about alcohol.


Living in Nob Hill/Russian Hill area means I am around a ton of bars, lounges, and clubs.  Although I have my favorites, I decided to head to a new place after a double date with my besties Oli and Pedro and of course the bf, Phil.  After a yummy meal at Chambers (see review below), we headed to a new dive bar - Hi Lo Club.

The ONLY sign for the place.  You will miss it the first time!
It was early so it was still pretty empty and we were able to snag a small booth.  The waitress quickly came up to take our order.  They had plenty of good beers on tap, and more liquor than you could try in a year. The place is pretty hidden but if you walk up and down the block enough you will find it.

Such a cool Venue and Vibe - love the speakeasy feel!
Inside it feels a bit divey, a bit like a speakeasy.  The booths are a great touch.  All in all it's not a bad place to start out your night.  I think if you came here later in the evening it would be way too crowded for any fun, and with just one bar you would never get served.  Definitely a place to stop off early in the night as it is realitvely cheap, but after that I would move somewhere more fun like McTeagues or Lush.

Beers on Tap - always changing.
Cocktail list - Cash only.
Bourbon Up!
Tourist Tip:  Carry cash.  Most places around this area are cash only, so if you are going to bar hop you will need it!

No comments:

Post a Comment