Tuesday, February 12, 2013

I LOVE MEXICAN FOOD!!!

So-Cal = Mexican Food.  I am your typical Southern California girl - blonde hair, blue "ish" eyes (really green but just go with it), and I definitely talk like they do in Clueless...as if!  Another stereotypical thing about the So-Cal in me is that I love Mexican food.  I am born and raised in Venice, CA; land of foodies and ethnic eateries galore.  But my father - well he just loves spice.  So that meant Mexican food at least three times a week.

Greasy, grimey, gooey - LA Mexican Food
The worst thing about moving to the Bay Area was that I had to say bye bye to all good Mexican food.  I am sorry SF but you just can't compete with Southern California - NOT EVEN THE MISSION.  I know there are people out there that will hurt me for saying this, but it's true.  Because of my strong love for Mexican food, I often crave it and search for anything resembling a burrito or taco.  Usually I come up empty handed.  However, on one such occasion I meandered into Tacolicious in the Marina, and boy was I impressed.

Outdoor seating is fun on a nice weekend!
I have been back several times since then.  I literally bring everyone that visits here.  It is just so tasty, so fun, so crowded!  If its a weekday lunch, there is space galore.  If it is a weekend night, I stay far far away from here.

Interior on a PACKED day!
Happy Hour Specials - Beware!
If its your first time, you have to get the 4 tacos for $14.  You must.  I love the chicken mole, the fried fish is the bf's fav, the carnitas is so fatty and juicy, and my friends love the short rib.  If you have been before, you MUST try the Tuna Tostada appetizer.  It's probably the best thing I have had here.  The chips and salsa are amazing too - and free!  You really cannot go wrong!

Chips and Salsa!
Short Rib, Carnitas, and Fried Cod
Tuna Taco and a Marg - Heaven
Tourist Tip: If you manage to snag a table on the weekend, get be weary of the shot and a beer deal!  Also any of the margs are delish.  It's a sure fire way to start off a fun night.

No comments:

Post a Comment