Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Sandwiches, Sandwiches, Sandwiches

So my favorite thing about San Francisco is the fact that you can get a great sandwich anywhere.  I have already mentioned one of my favs in the Tenderloin, Morty's, but I love sandwiches so much I want to share more.  This weekend I was out in the Sunset with the in-laws, so I got to visit one of my favorite spots: Guerra Quality Meats.

Oh Guerra's, how I love thee.
Guerra has SO many options.  It isn't just a sandwich place: it has soup, ravioli, bread, cheese, deli meats, chicken parm; the list goes on.  I recently had the chicken soup. It's okay but it needs a lot of pepper...however, this post is about their sandwiches, because man they're good.

Lots of options for you to make at home or pick up and microwave! (Yeah I don't cook much)
God I miss you cheese!  Perfect for a picnic.
This weekend I bought the Roma sandwich: pesto, turkey, lettuce, tomato, onion.  It comes with mozzarella, but as a lac-tard I have to ask for no cheese.  Tragedy I know.  This sandwich was amazing.  I usually get my sandwiches on ciabatta bread but all the bread comes from ACME, which if you are from SF you know its the best bread up here (sorry Boudin).

Sicilian on Ciabatta
Roma with no cheese, but very tasty!
 My favorite thing about Guerra's is that they have a sandwich creation where you can make anything you want.  Normally I make my own turkey, or, if I'm splurging, a meatball sandwich.  The dutch crunch is pretty good too. You really can't go wrong.  And now they are open 7 days a week!

I mean how many options do you need for one sandwich?!
Tourist Tip:  If you are going to Wine Country, stop here and pick up everything you need for a great picnic.  Fresh meat, fresh bread, amazing cheese, and even any type of drink you want.  A great gem in the Sunset!

What's your favorite sandwich place?

No comments:

Post a Comment