Thursday, January 24, 2013

A meal for two...and I ate it all by myself.

As the week dwindles down, I am reminded of my last weekend full of too much fun and lots of eating out; aka the boyfriend, Phil was in town.  Because he is born and raised in SF, when he comes back to visit we usually eat at his favorite childhood spots.  However, every once in a blue moon I can convince him to try something new.  On one such occasion, we yelped (always a GREAT idea if I haven't blogged something yet) and found Cordon Bleu.  And boy am I glad we did.

vietnamese, chicken, noodles, shish kebob
Cordon Bleu
Cordon Bleu sounds like a French meal, or a culinary school, or anything besides a hole-in-the-wall Vietnamese restaurant serving up THEE best 5-spiced chicken I have ever had.  (Side note, I've never been to Vietnam.)

bbq, vietnamese
BBQ all day long for the best Chicken
The menu is short and to the point.  You either order chicken or shish kebabs, which are more like large slabs of meat than anything Persian.  I have only ever ordered one thing and will only ever order it.  The Noodle Salad with Chicken instead of Shish Kebabs.  It is HUGE.  Literally two people should eat it.  Naturally I finish the whole thing in one sitting.  It is vermicilli noodles with a gigantic portion of grilled chicken and the ever so tastey imperial roll (which is a much better version of an egg roll).  And for anyone who eats Vietnamese food, it comes with that delicious sweet and sour sauce to help everything mold together...I am drooling.

Chicken Noodle Salad - Imperial Roll on top
However, I can also say that everything else on the menu is great.  Despite my lack of creation, the bf gets a different item each time.  (So I guess really I'm the lame one who is stuck in her way).  The shish kebob with the meat sauce is great.  Its like a tasty gravy over rice, again with an imperial roll.  He loves the meat sauce with either the chicken, shish kebob or both!

Imperial Rolls
Shish Kebob, Imperial Roll, Rice with Meat Sauce on top
Shish Kebob Noodle Salad
You may want to starve yourself before entering this abode.  It is heavenly, delicious, and smells like a bar-b-que pit.  You should probably bathe yourself after all its glory.

Tourist Tip: Like all great SF places, it's cash only!

No comments:

Post a Comment